There’s no one color that most people would call their favorite. Others like green while some are loyal to blue. However, when it comes to teeth, almost everyone wants to have the same shade — the brightest white. Here at our Palm Beach Gardens dental practice, we get a lot of questions from men and women alike about their tooth whitening options for that bright, white smile they’ve always wanted.
Although the first step to getting the teeth color you desire is to set up an initial consultation with us, you might want to know the top tooth staining offenders below!
1. Dark colored beverages – Since the outermost part of your teeth is porous, the dark qualities of both black coffee and tea could stain your teeth. The same goes for colas, red wine, and cranberry juice. In addition, these beverages are quite acidic, making your teeth more prone to tooth decay and plaque formation.
2. Blueberries – Although blueberries are considered to be a superfood due to its antioxidant content, the fruit’s dark blue skin could stain your teeth a lot. You do not have to stop consuming these wonderful fruits,all you need to do is to have water in between your blueberry bites.
3. Beets – The staining effect of beets is very powerful when it is consumed as juice.
4. Curry – After enjoying curry at lunch or dinner, consider brushing your teeth or swishing some water into your mouth.
5. Red and Brown Sauces – Dark colored condiments such as tomato sauce, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar are also top culprits of tooth staining. You can counteract their staining effects by chewing on crunchy and raw vegetables or fruits such as apples, carrots, or celery. These food items are proven to be effective in the mechanical removal of stains.
Your Tooth Whitening Options in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
At our teeth whitening studio in Palm Beach, Florida, you can choose from our two whitening options: take-home whitening and in-office whitening. We use only the latest teeth whitening system, which can lighten the color of your teeth to several shades in as little as one hour. Contact Drs. Lerner and Lemongello for an appointment and information on all dental procedures at 561-627-9000 or you can fill out this contact form. We’d love to hear from you!