What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin, custom fabricated ceramic shells that bond directly to the front surface of the teeth. Patients seen by Drs. Lerner & Lemongello in their “State-of-the-Art” dental facility in Palm Beach in South Florida often prefer porcelain veneers to restore their teeth. Porcelain veneers offer a natural looking option to correct or enhance chipped or uneven teeth, giving them the ultimate smile makeover.
Why choose porcelain veneers?
Veneers are a very viable option in situations where the original tooth structure has been damaged beyond repair, or no longer responding to conventional restoration methods, or just in need of a little improvement in appearance. Your porcelain veneers will be individually crafted based on your personal needs, making them impossible to detect.
Also, because they’re made from porcelain, veneers are highly impervious to staining and more closely resemble the color, composition, and luminosity of natural teeth. Compared to other dental restorations, the use of porcelain veneers is also significantly less invasive to attach, requiring less enamel removal.
What conditions usually require the use of porcelain veneers?
- Discolored teeth that are a result of fluorosis or tetracycline medication that do not respond very well to conventional whitening methods
- Large resin “bonded” fillings in the tooth that lead to severe discoloration
- Teeth that have become excessively worn down making the teeth appear shorter
- Cracked, chipped, or broken teeth that cannot be easily repaired with standard bonding procedures
- Irregularly shaped teeth that may have evident craters or bulges on the surface
What should I expect when getting porcelain veneers?
- At the beginning of the consultation, a smile analysis will be done to determine the treatment plan and determine the results that the patient wants to achieve. During this initial consultation phase, patients can share their expectations to help the dentist determine how porcelain veneers can best suit their needs.
- In preparation for the porcelain veneer, the teeth will be shaped to receive the veneer. A mold of the patient’s teeth will be taken and will be used to fabricate the final veneer.
- Temporary veneers that have been custom fabricated to preview the final veneer size, shape and color will be placed while the permanent veneers are being created. This usually takes about two weeks to complete.
- Once the final porcelain veneer is ready the patient will return and have the final veneers placed.
- The temporary veneer will be removed and each porcelain veneer will be assessed for preciseness of fit , size, shape and color,
- The receiving tooth will be cleaned to facilitate the final bonding. The veneer will be bonded onto the surface of the tooth using a special resin material that will bond to the tooth.
Here at our smile makeover studio in Palm Beach, Florida, we have an international reputation for creating beautiful smiles. We have crafted hundreds of smiles over the years, and if you want to be among the countless others who have rediscovered the power of a gorgeous smile, then call our office or come visit us for your personal consultation today.