What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear plastic aligners that are virtually undetectable when used by the patient for teeth straightening. Here at the office of Drs. Lerner and Lemongello in Palm Beach, Florida, we understand that the decision to straighten your teeth is a big step towards improving your appearance. That is why we are very excited by the possibilities that Invisalign can bring you. This modern-day solution to teeth straightening is sure to bring you the compounded benefits of straighter teeth, healthier gums, and easier cleanings with the help of your custom-made, removable, invisible aligners.
What are the benefits of using Invisalign?
If you’ve wanted to get straighter teeth, but don’t want to have to deal with the hassle of conventional metal braces, Invisalign offers you the versatility and comfort of an appliance that addresses your needs, but does not interfere with your lifestyle. These clear aligners are almost unnoticeable when you wear them, and onlookers will not even be able to realize that you are wearing Invisalign. They are smooth and comfortable. Invisalign plastic aligners are also removable giving you the freedom to eat whatever you want during the treatment, unlike the many food restrictions that come with other teeth straightening methods. Also, because they are removable, these aligners are much easier to clean and maintain. Realistically, there are no other products out there that come close to the degree of comfort and convenience-that is the Invisalign promise.
What is the process of getting Invisalign?
- An initial consultation will help address any issues that the patient may have about the procedure. During this time, the dentist will perform a smile assessment to determine if you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign treatment.
- The dentist takes x-ray images, photographs, and actual impressions of your teeth. These will be sent to the Align Technology Laboratory where a patented system will create three-dimensional images of your teeth. A corresponding treatment plan will be mapped out by the software based on calculated movements of the teeth throughout the prescribed treatment period.
- For each stage of the proposed treatment plan, a corresponding custom-made plastic aligner will be fabricated.
- The patient will be asked to wear the first plastic aligner for two weeks before switching out to the next set of aligners. This procedure will be repeated in two-week intervals until the teeth have been gradually moved into their correct position.
- Each case is individual and some cases take longer than others depending on the severity and complexity of your crooked teeth. Invisalign treatment typically takes about 12 months before the final outcome is achieved but minor tooth movements can be achieved in as little as six to nine months.
Because Invisalign aligners are removable, they may be conveniently taken out of the mouth for eating or for cleaning the appliance. For best results, however, Invisalign aligners are recommended to be worn at least 20 hours a day throughout the treatment period.
Invisalign makes it easy to straighten your teeth without bands, brackets, or wires. Forget everything you’ve heard about teeth straightening, because a proven technology now exists that let’s you straighten your teeth—invisibly. If you are looking for Invisalign invisible braces treatment in Palm Beach, then you have to come to the right place. Schedule an appointment with us today at our Palm Beach office.