What are prep-less or no preparation veneers?
Prep-less porcelain veneers are a type of porcelain veneer that require no preparation or
reshaping of the natural tooth. In Palm Beach, Florida, patients who would like to restore their
teeth that are severely discolored, misshapen, incorrectly positioned, or damaged by decay, now
have the alternative option of using the ultrathin and custom-fabricated pieces of porcelain known as Prep-less Veneers rather than the conventional dental veneers that are usually offered in other dental offices. At Drs. Lerner and Lemongello’s office, we want our patients to experience the swift transformation that Prep-less porcelain veneers are able to provide.
Why should i consider prep-less no preparation veneers?
- The main reason is to preserve as much of your natural tooth as possible
- Patients with stained or discolored teeth that no longer respond to traditional whitening methods can benefit from the long-lasting white smile that Prep-less porcelain veneers can give.
- Cracked or chipped teeth can easily be restored.
- Prep-less porcelain veneers are a fast and efficient way to correct gaps in between the teeth, or others spacing problems.
- Small or misshapen teeth can ruin a smile. Prep-less porcelain veneers can instantly correct this.
- Give your aging smile an instant touch up.
What are the advantages of getting prep-less no preparation veneers?
Prep-less porcelain veneers are able to rebuild a patient’s smile comfortable. The main advantage is preservation of your natural tooth. Pre-less veneers require no preparation, drilling or reshaping of your natural tooth. These ultra thin porcelain shells are digitally designed and can be applied seamlessly over the teeth to create a natural looking smile. Prep-less porcelain veneers are minimally invasive and highly translucent, which allows them to mimic the appearance of the teeth’s enamel. With proper care, Prep-less porcelain veneers can last for many years.
What is the process of getting prep-less no preparation porcelain veneers?
The process for getting Prep-less porcelain veneers is remarkably simple and can easily be accomplished.
- During an initial consultation, the dentist will take photographs and impression of the patient’s upper and lower teeth and send this to a specialized dental Laboratory and trained ceramist skilled in the fabrication of these ultrathin porcelain veneers. These will become the basis for the fabrication of the final porcelain veneers.
- When the patient returns for the appointment to place the Prep-less porcelain veneers a couple of weeks later, the dentist ensures that the veneers are a good fit. The patient’s existing teeth will be conditioned in preparation for the bonding. Each veneer will be bonded onto each individual tooth one after the other, and checked to make sure that the patient’s bite is properly aligned.
The placement of prep-less porcelain veneers over the patient’s teeth is a short process that generally takes about an hour to complete. This procedure is comfortable and creates beautiful results for patients who want transform their smiles faster, and with lasting results.