If you want a smile to be proud of, consider a dental crown as a way to cover a tooth and restore it to its normal shape and size, make it stronger and improve its appearance. A crown may also be used to improve the alignment of your teeth and your “bite.”
Summer is the time for family photo-shoots and sunny “selfies.” If you aren’t smiling because of a missing tooth, a dental crown can offer the perfect, long-term solution.
Consider these “crowning” facts:
- At Lerner & Lemongello, our dental crowns are made of a ceramic material that is matched to the color of your natural teeth. They are handcrafted to give you a beautiful aesthetic result.
- Dental crowns are completely natural-looking and they are strong. A damaged tooth or a tooth that is off-color, oddly shaped or out of alignment can be entirely “capped” and strengthened using a crown.
- A crown can sit atop a dental implant and provide natural shape and structure and may also be used to attach bridges, protect a weak tooth from breaking or restore one that’s already broken.
- Before the crown is made, the tooth must be reduced in size so that the crown will fit properly. An impression of your mouth will be taken to provide an exact mold for the crown. If porcelain is used, your dentist will determine the correct shade to match the color of your existing teeth. Your crown will be made by a dental lab and a “temporary” will be placed while your permanent crown is being made.
- Although crowns can last a lifetime, the most important thing you can do to ensure that they do is to practice good oral hygiene. Keep your gums and teeth healthy by brushing and flossing daily. Visit us regularly for checkups and professional cleanings and avoid chewing on ice or other hard foods that could damage your crown.
If you think you may need a crown, don’t wait. We are your Palm Beach dental crown specialists! Call to schedule an appointment, today: (561) 627-9000.