A smile makeover with dentures here at our Palm Beach Gardens cosmetic dentistry practice have helped a lot of our patients deal with tooth loss. Apart from filling in gaps, majority of our patients have also expressed that dentures have restored their self-confidence and overall wellness due to improved nutrition from being able to eat what they want.
Like your natural teeth, dentures also needs to be cleaned and cared for optimum function and for them to last longer. Below are some points to remember in denture care.
- Brush your dentures with denture paste and water using a denture brush. Conventional toothpaste may be too harsh for your dentures so try to avoid them as much as possible.
- Clean your dentures as you would your teeth — twice a day, preferably during the day and evenings.
- To avoid the risks of damaging your dentures in case you drop them in the sink, wash them over a basin filled with water.
- Rinse your dentures under water following meals to help loosen food debris.
- Do not ever rinse or soak dentures in hot water as this could distort its shape.
- Soak your dentures in a denture cleansing solution when they’re not in your mouth. Every so often, this could be done overnight. Wearing your dentures all the time can result to gum problems and infections.
- Brush your teeth, gums, and tongue before reinserting your dentures.
- Visit your dental professional for routine care of your dentures.
Natural Looking Dentures in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
At the office of Drs. Lerner and Lemongello, we work with only the highest skilled technicians who use the best materials available made in the USA to achieve the most aesthetically pleasing and natural looking dentures. If you require new cosmetic dentures or would like to stabilize loose dentures with implants, call our office in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida to schedule a consultation today.
Get in touch with us by calling 561-627-9000 or by filling out this contact form.