Have you noticed the bored, pouty expressionless faces sported by some young starlets? Don’t most of us want to smile? Our patients definitely do! If you find you’re not smiling because of chipped, cracked, missing or severely decayed teeth let us help. We specialize in smile make-overs, veneers, implants and esthetic dentistry.
But whether you have natural teeth or crowns, veneers or implants, your oral health is about more than your smile. It’s about protecting your mouth and gums from plaque, the bacteria that produces acids in your mouth, weakens tooth enamel and leads to tooth decay. Plaque also leads to the number one cause of tooth loss in adults – periodontal disease.
- What is your daily dental health routine? The rules for maintaining healthy teeth and gums apply to all types of teeth – natural and esthetic.
- Are you using the right products?
- Are there tools that could increase the effectiveness of your routine?
Brushing and flossing regularly are key to keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
It’s also important to choose the right toothbrush and use it properly.
• Toothbrushes come in all shapes and sizes. Choose a brush that fits your mouth, has bristles that are soft rather than stiff and is easy to use, whether manual or electric.
• Use a gentle motion, focus on every tooth – especially your back teeth – and don’t forget to brush your tongue. Bacteria hide in the tiny crevices of your tongue and can be responsible for bad breath. Use a fluoride toothpaste and replace your toothbrush every three to four months.
Are these three tools in your dental care arsenal?
- A Tongue Scraper – It moves along the contour of your tongue, scraping deeply to remove bacteria and germs that can cause bad breath.
- Whitening Toothpaste – When used twice a day, surface stains on your teeth caused by coffee, tea and red wine are broken down by these peroxide-based toothpastes.
- A WaterPik – This tool is great for cleaning between crowns, veneers and implants. And its gentle massaging action is so good for your gums.
Get the confident smile you deserve at Lerner & Lemongello!
Call us today to schedule an appointment: (561) 627-9000.