Should you whiten your teeth? If so, what’s the best way to do it? These are questions we are frequently asked at Lerner & Lemongello, and they are more frequent now that teeth whitening products are readily available, as plentiful as toothpaste. The availability of a myriad of grocery store whitening products doesn’t guarantee you’ll get the results you and your teeth deserve, no matter what the television and social media ads are telling you.
When it comes to whitening your teeth, your dentist knows best.
To that end, here’s a bit of tooth whitening info designed to help you get started with the process and put a whiter smile on your face for fall.
Coffee, tea, red wine, soda, and basically eating, drinking and getting older, can cause your tooth enamel and dentin to darken. Everybody wants a white, bright smile. In response, modern teeth whitening became en vogue about 25 years ago.
DIY, over-the-counter whitening alternatives began as sticky tapes and painted on formulas, which revealed some results after several weeks, if ever, and they occasionally caused tooth sensitivity and damage. There are newer types of DIY products, but we believe the best choices for our patients are the two choices we offer at Lerner & Lemongello – the Take Home and the In Office tooth whitening procedures.
- Our take home products consist of a gel which is dispensed into a special tray which perfectly fits your teeth. The bleaching gels vary in strength and usage times, depending on each patients’ needs.
- Our In Office procedure consists of a power whitening gel that is applied directly onto the surface of your teeth, to jump-start the whitening process. After exposure to the power gel, your new, white teeth will be rinsed and coated with a fluoride gel to further protect and strengthen them. This process gives you almost instant whitening in about an hour with little sensitivity or stress.
What kind of tooth whitening procedure is right for you? Ask yourself:
- Is it administered by professionals I know and trust?
- Does it provide a noticeable difference?
- Is it quick and easy?
- Is is less likely to cause damage and sensitivity?
Lerner & Lemongello get the nod! We provide answers to your tooth whitening questions and more. Call to schedule an appointment, today: (561) 627-9000.