Taking care of your health should be one of your top priorities – add to that the importance of caring for your mouth, teeth and gums. Nothing says “happy” like a beautiful smile and nothing beats clean, fresh breath. Preventing tooth decay and gum disease are a snap if you make it a priority to visit our offices for a complete dental exam and cleaning every six months.
A dental exam at Lerner & Lemongello can:
- Diagnose serious dental and other diseases – such as oral cancer – before they become more difficult to manage and injurious to your health.
- Save money – because any dental health issues will be treated while they are more manageable and the treatment protocol is less complicated and expensive.
During your dental exam we will:
- Visually examine your teeth, gums, tongue and throat.
- Perform a head and neck exam to look for anything out of the ordinary.
- Examine your face, saliva and the movement of your lower jaw joints – TMJ problems.
- Check your “bite,” the way your teeth fit together.
- Evaluate the status of your existing dental restorations and fillings.
- Recommend options for older, existing fillings and recommend other restorations, such as bridges or crowns.
- Take x-rays and examine them carefully to help diagnose tumors, cysts, decay, and other problems that can’t be seen by the naked eye.
- Screen for oral cancer.
- Create a personalized oral health program which will schedule your twice yearly dental visits.
- Clean, floss and polish your teeth to remove plaque, the sticky substance that causes tooth decay and gum disease, and the hardened plaque, tartar, above the gum line.
- Recommend brushing and flossing techniques.
At Lerner & Lemongello we are committed to providing the best dental care for our friends in Palm Beach Gardens. To learn more, call to schedule an appointment, today: (561) 627-9000.