Porcelain veneers are little things that are capable of doing a lot. They can dramatically change your teeth and give you a smile that you can’t wait to show off, but they can also make your mouth healthier. Veneers really can do a lot – read on for some things you should know about these little miracle workers.
1. Veneers are very thin “shells” that cover teeth. They are less than a millimeter thick and fit snuggly on teeth. They are often used for teeth that are stained so badly that teeth whitening treatments don’t help.
2. Beyond just covering stains, though, veneers can also be used to help teeth that are damaged or crooked, gaps between teeth, and teeth that are shaped differently than the rest of the teeth in your mouth.
3. Although they are very thin, they are actually very durable and can last for a decade or more. They also look very natural – they are custom made for each patient, and they can be made to exactly match the color of your other teeth.
4. For many patients, they can do the work of crowns, braces, and implants, and at a much cheaper price and with less hassle than these other treatments.
5. The procedure to get veneers only takes two visits. After it is determined that veneers are the right solution for you, molds will be taken of your teeth, which will be used to make the veneer. You will get a temporary veneer, and when the permanent one is ready, your tooth will be cleaned thoroughly and the veneer will be applied with a special resin.
6. There is no downtime required after getting a veneer. You can get back into your day right after getting a veneer.
7. Veneers are painless – you’ll forget you have them soon after they are placed – and there is virtually no risk involved in getting or having them.
They are just little things, but porcelain veneers can really do a lot. Call Lerner & Lemongello in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, to discuss porcelain veneers today! Call (561) 627-9000 for an appointment!